The Second Separation: by Pastor Kunle Akindoju
– The first separation is the gathering of some of every kind as indicated in Matthew 13:47.
– The second separation happens when we revisit the first separation and select some of the first people that were separated.
– When the cast the net it will catch a variety of animals and fish, including those the fisherman doesn’t care much for.
– The difference between these two separations is that when there is a general separation many are invited but the second separation is about distinguishing the called from the chosen
Jesus gave a parable in Matthew 22:1-14.
– In verse 2, Jesus indicates the Kingdom of heaven is like a King sending out wedding invitations to those who were his priority, but most of the invitees would reject his offer.
– In 1 Corinthians 2:9 God is trying to entice us to accept His invitation by explaining the splendor we have yet to see if we fall in love with the King.
– In verse 5 of Matthew 22 the initially invited guests were a representation of the Jews when they rejected God’s invitation. In verse 8-9 God asks his servants to go out and find the outcasts.
– God loves us so much that He yearns for our souls. He wants anybody that will accept His wedding invitation. God loves you so much that He will never stop pursuing you. But He will not lower his standards.
– In Matthew 22:11-14 the King found a guest that was not dressed or prepared for the banquet, and asked how he made it in the hall if he wasn’t dressed (ready). The guest was speechless and was thrown into darkness.
– Many are called but few are chosen. The first separation is the gathering of all kinds. It doesn’t matter where you are from or how horrible you are.
– The second separation will check your garment to see whether it is without blemish. You must be more than a believer. You must be a disciple.
Many are called but few are chosen. The first separation is the gathering of all kinds. It doesn’t matter where you are from or how horrible you are.
- The second separation will check your garment to see whether it is without blemish. You must e more than a believer. You must be a disciple.
- To be part of the second separation, your contents must be checked. In Matthew 13:47, the fishermen used the drag nets to bring in some of every kind. In verse 48, when it was drawn to shore and they set it down, they gathered the good into vessels and threw the bad away.
- The truth is that people know their contents and whether they will fail the second separation or not.
- The wedding guest in Matthew 22:12 was speechless when he was questioned why his wedding garment was wrong. If he was going to contend that it wasn’t true, he would have said something.
- If you know who your God is, you know your content.
- The problem is that your content is not obvious so you get away with it. But your content will be revealed over time. Because the bridegroom is delayed your content will be revealed over time.
- As a Christian, your depth will be tested.
- Pray that you will not be found trying to increase your content when it is too late. Will you make the Second Separation?
- If you want God to refill you, ask Him for an infilling of the Holy Spirit. Ask God to increase your content to suit your assignment. Ask God to give you back everything the enemy has stolen from you.
Ask God to help you to never run dry.